Equipment needs for Walnut Creek Baseball Rec League players:
Walnut Creek Baseball provides:
- Catcher protective equipment and catcher mitt (You can use your own)
- Batting helmets (Encourage you to get your own)
- Jersey top and cap
- Game baseballs
NOTE on Metal Cleats >>>>>> ALL AGES UNDER the 14u/15u Age Division CANNOT wear metal cleats. Only the 14u/15u Age Division will be allowed to use metal cleats since they play on fields that have earth mounds.
Parents will need to provide:
- Fielders glove
- Bat - Our league allows big barrel bats and we have a page on our website for details on bats. Walnut Creek Baseball Bat Rules
- Baseball Pants
- Cleats are NOT required, but are highly recommended for 8u and above; but ANY age can wear cleats if you choose.
*Coaches with input from parents should determine what color to choose for pants, socks, and belt for the team.
*It is preferred that all of the players on a particular team have the same color pants. Grey is a common choice for pant color or white can be chosen. Less common choices such as red or black or harder to find so we recommend sticking with grey or white.
*Choose a color of sock and belt that complements the jersey color.
*Your Division VP can email coaches the team colors if needed.
Coaches will need to provide:
- Baseballs for practices
- Maybe some throw-down bases
- Parents should consider “chipping-in” to help coach with purchase of baseballs.